Thursday 8 November 2012

Salad Jars!


Lunch on the run? Need to plan ahead? Eating healthy? Meet salad jars, also known as your new best friend! While browsing Pinterest I saw a few recipes for salads in jars and thought these people had to be nuts. But, being a little crazy myself I needed to try them.


The final verdict? These things are amazing. You can put almost anything in them, I followed this simple diagram (to the right) and chose the ingredients that I like to eat. Be creative and try something new! Most of the posts I looked at said the jars last up to a week. I kept one for 7 days to test the theory and although it was edible, it wasn't as delicious as the one I ate the day after making it. Some people said you could eat it right out of the jar but I'm messy and clumsy so it didn't work for me. Besides, when flipped into a bowl your ingredients come out in perfect order with the dressing on top.
I chose to do a fruity spinach salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette, and a veggie spinach salad with balsamic dressing. You can see exactly what I put into my two jars down below. 

So next time you have a busy week, call your meme for some old mason jars and grab your favourite salad ingredients, make yourself a salad in a jar and impress all your friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment