Saturday, 8 December 2012
Wednesday, 5 December 2012
Preheat oven to 350
Mix wet ingredients together
Mix dry ingredients together
Combine wet and dry ingredients
Put into muffin tins and bake for 20-30 minutes for large muffins, I try to check on them after 15 mis
On a side note... A huge Happy Birthday wish goes out to my roommate and friend Sydney Holmes. She's being a super human being today and completing 22 random acts of kindness for her 22nd birthday, UH-A-AMAZING right?! I tagged along for the morning where we gave out Tim cards to people at Tim Hortons, then we went downtown and handed out bags of chocolate, muffins, and orange slices to people walking. The best moment thus far was when we gave the man working in Slices and Squares pizza a bag of chocolates he decided to help us and gave us A WHOLE PIZZA to give out to people who needed it, great guy.
We've got some more shenanigans planned for later, I'm going to do a whole post about this stupendous day when it's over :)
Check out my tweets for more up to date stuff! #22RAK4SYD
Monday, 3 December 2012
2. Asparagus, Mushroom & Wild Rice Asparagus & Mushrooms are two of my favourite veggies. Actually, I like almost all veggies.
3. Spinach & Strawberry Salad No official recipe for this one, just a massive craving for it. Basically it will be a mix of Spinach, Strawberries, Pecans, goat cheese and Balsamic dressing. Mmm... my mouth is watering.
FUN FACT FOR STUDENTS: If you show your student card at the Superstore on Tuesdays, you get 10% off! Save your money so you can buy more than Kraft Dinner.
Pinterest thing I want to make: DIY wall flower refills. I absolutely love my Bath and Body Works wallflowers, all 4 of them. The only problem is, the chemicals used to create the smells aren't so lovely. I sometimes try to be green, so I'm going to try to make my own homemade refills. I bought some lavender essential oil to try. Click on the images to check out the tutorial!
Place I want to go: My Little Tea Shop. Ever since a lady I worked with gave me this card I've been dying to check out this tea shop in Windsor. I love tea and could really use a good winter/christmas flavour. But I also want to go to do some Christmas shopping! I'll fill you in on that one later..
How I want to paint my nails: Frosty Glitter Gradient. If you noticed in my last picture, my nails look like garbage, that will be fixed this week. Now that December is finally here, it's time for some snow. I know I can't expect much being in Southwestern Ontario, but I'll settle for snow-like frosty nails. It's time for a glitter gradient nail, one of my favorite looks... as seen here on Packzi day last year. I could really go for a Packzi now, only 70 days until Fat Tuesday 2013.
Sunday, 2 December 2012
Trying to find clothes, who has time for laundry?
I have a paper due and an exam that I need to study for
Thinking about all the free time I'll have when exams are over
When I'm on my 5th meal of the day
Justifying a facebook break after writing one sentence of a paper
When people in the library seem upset
Studying for pretty much anything
How I feel thinking about all the work I need to do
Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Anywho, I'll be sure to update you when the wrapping begins because I currently have nothing to wrap... But, Here's my Pinsperation for this project!
Friday, 23 November 2012
Saturday, 17 November 2012
Thursday, 15 November 2012
CHOCOLATE BUTTERSCOTCH RIPPLE SQUARES
- Heat butterscotch chips, sweetened condensed milk and 2 tbsp. butter over low heat, stirring constantly until smoothly melted. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix in sugar, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread ½ dough in greased 13” x 9” pan. Spread butterscotch mixture evenly over dough. Dot spoonful of remaining dough on top. Spread lightly w/ knife to cover filling.
- Bake 350°F (180°C) for 30-35 minutes.