Wednesday 6 February 2013

Healthy Banana Blueberry Flax Muffins

Following a trip to my natural path, homeopathic doctor, whatever you'd like to call her, I found out that my body responds really well to flaxseed, so I should probably eat more! The best way to eat it she said? Bake with it. Now that was music to my ears! I went home to find 3 rotten bananas, score! And some blueberries that we're starting to get laugh lines, okay, wrinkles. I think that's about all the explanation I need for why I decided to toss this recipe together!
Although not as scrumptious as my Aunt Liz's muffin recipe, they're still delicious and you don't have to feel guilty about eating one.. or two.. or three, okay my max is 5 in one day. That was probably a little much.
Anyways, here's the recipe:

BANANA BLUEBERRY FLAX MUFFINS
Prep Time:
10-15 minutes
Baking Time:
15-20 minutes
Serves:
16 muffins



Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour 
1 tsp baking soda 
1/2 cup applesauce (sweetened) 
3/4 cup honey
1 tbsp vanilla 
2 egg whites
1/3 cup ground flax seed
1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
3 bananas

Instructions:
Preheat Oven to 350 C
Mix Liquid Ingredients together
Slowly add dry Ingredients
Fill muffin liners 3/4 full
bake 15-20 minutes

I enjoyed my first muffin with a cup of Bohemian Raspberry tea that I got in Ottawa! It's a delicious green tea with a hint of raspberry flavour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment