Monday 15 April 2013

"Why I Hate School But Love Education"

It's funny, I had a similar conversation with my dad today. He's a financial advisor and was sharing with me how he believes that we should be teaching students budgeting and money skills. School is to teach kids what they need to know to live and work, right? I spend money almost everyday. At some point in everyone's life they will have to spend money and budget, but are we taught how? Unless our parents show us, then as far as I know school doesn't teach this valuable life skill. This is only one skill that we fail to teach students. Personally, I think the school system is failing at reaching it's full potential to truly educate students.

These two spoken word videos share the same general idea. Watch the whole thing, they're simply amazing and deal with a huge epidemic in our education system. Sure, we're educating more people. But, are we teaching them what they need to know? 
Speak up, speak out we can't fix a problem if we don't talk about it. 






Don't find sulibreezy to be a credible source, what about Albert Einstein? 





No comments:

Post a Comment