Saturday 16 March 2013

I love London, England.

I must say there is only one thing that I didn't like about my trip, I didn't have enough time there. Oh, and everyone thought we were American... at least they were happy when we told them, uh... no. 
The first thing everyone asks me about my trip is what was your favorite thing? My first answer was well, everything. Just the place itself is beautiful. Even the McDonald's there is housed in a historic and architectural building. But after some though I realized my favorite place was the Horse Hospital Antique market, the one place I don't have pictures of... what? Lauren not take pictures?! It happened. Basically it was a giant flea market, shoes, clothes, food, home decor, and everything is just so unique. I'm a sucker for flea markets pretty much anywhere, but this one was even more than I could have imagined. The floors were cobblestone, the walls made of aged brick, and around every corner was another statue of a horse or something to do with equine culture. Okay, you get the picture, it was gorgeous. 
The first day I was introduced to this lovely thing called jet lag. We took a red eye flight from detroit straight to London, and as soon as we got there we were on the go. I almost fell asleep on our first bus tour, and then again at supper, and while unpacking at the hotel, despite Jenna (my trip roomie and teaching partner) yelling at me not to. The first night in London we came to a terrible realization, pubs are only open until 11pm, WHAT?! Despite this, we still had a good time. The days there breezed by, as did the historic sites: Buckingham palace, the tower of London, trafalgar square, theatre royal, the globe theatre, tower bridge, abbey road, the Albert and Victoria memorial, Marble Arch, St Paul's Cathedral, the old Roman wall, and a bunch of other places whose names I don't know and/or remember... oops. As part of our trip we also got to see four plays, all of which we're really good! My favourite had to be Shakespeare's Twelfth Night that we say at the Lion and Unicorn theatre which happens to be above a bar which means we got to drink throughout! But then again all the theatres we went to had bars and offered ice cream that you could bring in the theatre, FOOD AND DRINKS IN THE THEATRE! The show was classic Shakespearean text with a modern twist, the audience was small, intimate and the actors got right up in your business... it was great.
Overall it was a trip that I'll never forget and I can't wait to go back some day!! 

... But it wasn't tea ;) 

The Marble Arch 


 


  





This crazy thing hapenned and we we on a hidden camera tv show! It was only the pilot, but how cool is that?! A busker asked some of our group if we could watch his stuff while he went to the loo, and of course they said yes. I heard music and then realized I KNOW THEM! It was my friends, so I grabbed a tambourine and Seth grabbed a guitar and we sang some Beatles for people walking by on the waterfront... one of the coolest things I've ever done! Soon enough the busker came back and some guy was telling us we were being filmed for a pilot for a show about Random Acts of Kindness! How cool?! The whole group was beaming for the next couple hours! Go do a random act of kindness, I promise you'll feel good about it. 







The tower of London 


Add caption



Went to Hogwarts...

Candle I lit in St. Paul's 

No comments:

Post a Comment